- 4 x 150g skinless fillets of lemon sole
- 4 handfuls spinach
- 200g smoked salmon
- 500g bag ready-made gnocchi
- 4 rashers lean bacon, diced
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 1 tbsp of chopped chives to garnish
- Place the spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water from the kettle. Drain well, squeeze out any excess water and pat dry.
- Take each fillet of sole and lay it flat on a chopping board. Place the wilted spinach onto the fish in a layer then top with a thin layer of smoked salmon (don’t feel you have to use it all). Gently roll the fillet onto itself (this is called a Paupiette).
- Cook the gnocchi according to the pack instructions. Once cooked, drain, retaining the cooking liquid, and set aside.
- Place the rolled-up fish in the reserved cooking liquid and gently poach for about 5 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking, heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the bacon and fry for around 1-2 minutes until brown and crispy, then add the gnocchi. Add the cream and bring to a gentle simmer. If you have any smoked salmon left, add it to the pan.
- Remove the sole from the poaching liquid and drain on kitchen paper. Serve the fish in the middle of 4 plates, surrounded by the gnocchi, bacon and sauce.
- Garnish with chopped chives.
Recipe source - www.loveseafood.co.uk